donderdag 3 augustus 2017

Top 5 Thursday: Movies I Watched For My Challenge (July 2017)

I didn’t watch that many new films this month, but I did see some really awesome ones. Here are my favorite films I watched for my challenge, for the month of July.

5. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
That’s how few new movies I watched this month, that this film is in the top 5. It’s not a really good film, but entertaining. Same old, same old.


4. Jackie
A truly great performance by Natalie Portman. And interesting to look at Jackie Kennedy’s life as the first lady.


3. The Big Year
In my opinion an under appreciated film. A comedy, without you rolling on the ground of laughter. I like how they kept that low key. And the phenomenon of birding is fascinating. And the cast is great!


2. Victoria
The biggest reason why this film is so good, is because it’s one long take. It’s really hard to do that, for both the director and the actors. It only took them three takes to complete this film.


1. Baby Driver
I was in the company of some friends and I was the only one that LOVED “Baby Driver”. I guess it’s always hard to understand a genius, because that is what Edgar Wright is. Its editing perfection, fantastic soundtrack and a good cast. So far, this is my favorite film of the year.


They Almost Made the Top 5: -

Geen opmerkingen: