vrijdag 2 juni 2017

100 Movie Challenge 2017 - # 69: El Faro de las Orcas

Director: Gerardo Olivaris
Genre: Drama
Runtime: 110 minutes
Year: 2016
Starring: Maribel Verdú, Joaquín Furriel, Joaquín Rapalini
Description: A mother with an autistic child travel from Spain to Argentina looking to help her son to connect with his emotions.

Review: Beto lives in Argentina, alone in a remote house nearby the lighthouse. He lives for the ocean and especially for the orcas that live in it. He swims with them and meets them at the shore. He is closely watched, because he isn’t allowed to do this. He is approached by Lola, who wants Beto’s help. Her son Tristan is autistic and she thinks that contact with the whales will help him.
This movie is on Netflix and I accidentally stumbled upon this gem. Killer whales are my favorite animals, they fascinate me because of their beauty and their incredible intelligence. Although they can be very cruel animals, these whales take my breath away. I understand Beto, I wouldn’t mind living his life.
The story is touching and emotional. The moments with Beto and the whales or Beto and Tristan are the most beautiful. All the in between scenes don’t mesmerize, I wished there were more moments with the orcas.
If you have Netflix, please check “El Faro de las Orcas”, it’s really beautiful.

Rating: 4/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: