maandag 27 februari 2017

100 Movie Challenge 2017 - # 31: Empire Records

Director: Allan Moyle
Genre: Comedy
Runtime: 90 minutes
Year: 1995
Starring: Anthony LaPaglia, Liv Tyler, Renee Zellweger, Robin Tunney, Ethan Embry, Debi Mazar

Description: The employees of an independent music store learn about each other as they try anything to stop the store being absorbed by a large chain.

Review: I was really looking forward to seeing this. A group of teens working in a record store, trying to save the store before it’s been taken over by a big company. Well, it wasn’t all that great.
For a store that is suffering from financial problems, they sure have a lot of employees working at the same time. And they aren’t actually working. It’s just a bunch of self-absorbed caricatures with no character development. It all happens in one day and things happen really fast. Moods, situations, relationships, feelings. So fast, it’s no longer believable.
While watching “Empire Records”, I really didn’t know how serious I had to take this film. There is really no character that I really like and some things that happen are so ridiculous. I don’t know, but I really didn’t like this film very much. I did enjoy the soundtrack, some good music is in this film.
“Empire Records” is not as fun as I hoped.

Rating: 2/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: