donderdag 27 oktober 2016

Top 5 Thursday: Movies That Scared Me as a Kid

It’s almost Halloween and October is always the month to watch lots of scary movies. There are plenty of movies that terrify me and give me sleepless nights. But I took the time to create a list of movies that really scared me when I was a kid. Here are my five picks.

5. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The book never scared me, but the movie that. And then specifically that psychedelic boat ride. Kids were treated to images of decapitated birds, dead people with worms crawling across their faces and giant flying monsters. And I’m not even mentioning Gene Wilder’s rhyme about hell and the Grim Reaper.


4. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
It’s a fun film, I laughed a lot and enjoyed it. I still do. But that moment where Judge Doom dies freaked me out as a kid. He doesn’t just die, no, he dies slowly run over by a steamroller. Then he comes back to life, has a helium voice and a hacksaw for an arm. He eventually melts away in a pool of acid. Toon Town is supposed to be a happy place.


3. Watership Down
It’s one of the most depressing and sad animated films I’ve ever seen, but still an amazing film. But when I saw this film as a kid (and then already a bunny owner) I was super shocked.


2. The NeverEnding Story
What a scary world, I would never want to live in that universe. All those creepy creatures and off course Gmork, the scariest wolf ever. I can’t believe that my parents let me see this film as a kid, because it was super scary.


1. The Witches
Another film based on a Roald Dahl book. This is a kids movie, about a young boy and his grandmother trying to find out the truth about witches. And those witches aren’t just ugly women with pointy hats. No, they are bald, gruesome creatures with very long nails that don’t even look human. Scarred for life.


They Almost Made the Top 5: Bambi, Labyrinth

Geen opmerkingen: