vrijdag 5 februari 2016

Top 5 Thursday: Movies I Watched for My Challenge (January 2016)

The start of a new year, the start of a new challenge. To kick it off I did see some good movies, but also some real stinkers. What about “Neighbors”, the Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi movie, “The Lone Ranger”, and the terrible “I’ll Always Know What You Did Last Summer”. But we are not here to talk about shitty movies, I’m going to show you my five favorites for my movie challenge for the month of January.

5. The Informant!
The movie was better than I expected it to be and Matt Damon was hilarious. His character was so full of shit, the lies started to pile up and he stuck to his story anyway. Underrated and overlooked Matt Damon film.
 
 
4. The Hateful Eight
It’s not one of my favorite Quentin Tarantino movies, but I knew it was going to be good. It was “Reservoir Dogs” meets “Clue”, set in the wild west. Great performances and off course sharp dialogues.
 
 
3. Wreck-It-Ralph
Can Disney ever do something completely terrible? I don’t think so. “Wreck-It-Ralph” was such a heart-warming story, great animation, loved it. I just want to hug Ralph.
 
 
2. Sideways
I happen to love Alexander Payne movies. I liked “About Schmidt”, “Nebraska” and “The Descendants” and now I can add “Sideways” to that list. Who thought a film about wine tasting could be so interesting, funny and overwhelming?
 
 
1. Gravity
I never like it when people overhype films. That makes me NOT want to see a film. Like I did with “Avatar”, which is now one of my favorites and I still regret not seeing it in theaters. “Gravity” is also one of those film. People were raving about it and I didn’t see it in the cinema. Now I regret that, because this film was amazing. And it would be a ten times better on the big screen and with the full experience.
 
 
They almost made the top 5: The Croods, Princess Mononoke

Geen opmerkingen: