donderdag 8 oktober 2015

Top 5 Thursday: Tom Cruise Movies

I recently ranked the “Mission: Impossible” movies, but off course Tom Cruise has made many other films. He is one of my favorites, so here are my five favorite Tom Cruise movies.

5. Top Gun
Probably not one of his best, but one of my favorites so you better deal with it. I just love this movie, it’s sort of a Tom Cruise guilty pleasure. I know I was madly in love with Cruise when I first saw him in “Top Gun” (off course not when it came out, I was only 2) I find the need, the need for Tom!
 
 
4. Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol
Without a doubt the best movie in the franchise. Right when I thought the franchise was done, they gave us this gem. It blew my mind!
 
 
3. Edge of Tomorrow
This was a surprise hit. Finally the Tom Cruise movie we needed after so many years. I didn’t expect much, so I didn’t see it in theatres. I regret that now, because it’s amazing. And Cruise is not even the standard hero he normally plays. His character is actually a coward, running away from the action and responsibilities.
 
 
2. Rain Man
Not necessarily because of Tom Cruise, Dustin Hoffman is the actual star in this, but it’s such an amazing film! A movie not just about autism, but also about two very different brothers learning to love each other.
 
 
1. Born on the 4th of July
His best performance and also his best movie. He grows up a fierce patriot, but when he comes back paralyzed from Vietnam he slowly turns against the war. This was Tom Cruise's final film of the 1980s. He was a complete unknown when the decade began, but by the end he was one of the biggest movie stars in the world.
 
 
They Almost Made the Top 5: Collateral, Jerry Maguire, Eyes Wide Shut, A Few Good Men, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, Magnolia, War of the Worlds

Geen opmerkingen: