donderdag 28 mei 2015

Top 5 Thursday: Movies from 2013

It was a pretty good year for movies, 2013. I saw many of them for my 2014 movie challenge, so now I decided to make a top 5 of my favorites from that year. Here it comes.

5. Captain Phillips
Tom Hanks showed us again why he is the best actor in the world. What a fantastic performance, especially that final scene. The movie captivated me from beginning till end.
 
 
4. Rush
Not a fan of Formula 1, but a fan of this movie I am. Great performances by both Daniel Brühl and Chris Hemsworth. And Ron Howard is one of my favorite directors.
 
 
3. Prisoners
A very good movie, not overhyped at all. Because so many people were so positive, I’m always cautious. They didn’t lie, because “Prisoners” is amazing!
 
 
2. The Way Way Back
It’s a movie that probably not a lot of people saw, but I love it. I already saw it many times and I will rewatch this film many times in the future. It’s the kind of movie I love, Indies with a good combo of comedy and drama.
 
 
1. The World’s End
The conclusion in the so-called ‘Cornetto-trilogy’. I still hope that Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost will continue making movies together. “The World’s End” never played in our theatres, because they thought it wouldn’t get enough audience. Well, that proofs that the Netherlands is a weird country. It’s one of the funniest movies ever and the best of the year 2013.
 
 
They Almost Made the Top 5: Warm Bodies, Don Jon, Fruitvale Station, Star Trek Into Darkness, Inside Llewyn Davis, Nebraska, This is the End, Dallas Buyers Club, Enemy, Her, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Geen opmerkingen: