donderdag 16 april 2015

Top 5 Thursday: Horror Movies from the 2000s

I did a 1990s version of this list last week, so I’m doing kind of like a series. This time, horror movies from the 2000s. I’m excluding horror comedies, like “Shaun of the Dead” and “Zombieland”. Here are my favorites.

5. The Mist
Creepy and disturbing. Not just the monsters and creatures, but also what a situation like this can do to people. People are crazy
 
 
4. Final Destination
No visible monster, ghost or any other creatures. This time it’s death itself and the people in “Final Destination” are trying to cheat death. A really good movie in the genre.
 
 
3. Let the Right One In
It’s a Swedish movie, based on the story of John Ajvide Lindqvist (the Scandinavian Stephen King). The bullied Oskar befriends a girl, Eli. She is a bit peculiar, later shown she is a vampire. Very good horror movie without any spectacle.
 
 
2. 28 Days Later
Danny Boyle likes to play around with different genres. And the horror genre went well for him. This is such a good movie, which also terrifies me. It all looks so realistic.
 
 
1. The Descent
The movie is scary for a couple of reasons. At first, the spelunking. Tight spaces and darkness all around, two things that are very frightening, even without monsters around you. But that’s the second scary thing, because there are monsters in that cave. I remember when I first saw one of the monsters. It shocked me.
 
 
They Almost Made the Top 5: Saw, Rec, Slither, Hostel, Paranormal Activity, The Ring, Drag Me to hell

Geen opmerkingen: