donderdag 19 maart 2015

Top 5 Thursday: Favorite Actresses of the Moment

I change my list of favourite actresses from time to time, because I keep discovering new women or I rediscover actresses. Here is my current list of favourite actresses.

5. Emma Stone
I sort of have a girl crush on her. She is funny and has dramatic talent as well. She was great in “The Help”, “Easy A”, “Crazy Stupid Love” and “Zombieland”. Most recent she did a wonderful job in “Birdman” and I can’t wait to see her in “Aloha”.
 
 
4. Rachel McAdams
Off course she started out in sweet movies like “The Notebook” and she was a bitch in “Mean Girls”, but she has some serious acting chops. Rachel McAdams was great in “State of Play”, “Sherlock Holmes”, “Red Eye” and “Midnight in Paris”. Most recent successes are “To the Wonder” and “About Time”. Can’t wait to see her in “Aloha”, just like Emma Stone.
 
 
3. Jessica Chastain
She is one of those new additions, who I love more after every movie. I first saw her in “The Help” where she played my favourite character. That movie made me watch more of her work. Movies like “The Debt”, “Tale Shelter” and “The Tree of Life” were fantastic, but she broke through in “Zero Dark Thirty”. Great performance by Jessica Chastain. A more recent movie I loved her in was “A Most Violent Year”. Can’t wait to see her in “Crimson Peak”.
 
 
2. Charlize Theron
She has become better over the years. In “Monster” she stated how great she is as a performer, but also in “North Country” and “Young Adult”. Charlize Theron is one fo those beautiful actresses that dares to be ugly for a role.
 
 
1. Naomi Watts
My favourite for quite some time now. Okay, she had some misses, but she has more good movies. Off course “21 Grams”, “The Impossible”, “Mulholland Dr.” and “Eastern Promisses” are amazing, but more recent “Birdman” and “St. Vincent”. Naomi Watts is and probably will always be my favourite actress.
 
 
They Almost Made the Top 5: Emily Blunt, Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence, Ellen Page, Rosamund Pike, Keira Knigtley, Anna Kendrick, Toni Collette, Zoe Saldana, Julianne Moore, Scarlett Johansson

Geen opmerkingen: