donderdag 1 januari 2015

Top 10: Best Movies I Watched for My 2014 Challenge

I had a lot of fun with my movie challenge this year and I’m definitely going to start one in 2015. But first I’m going to share my ten favorite movies that I watched for my challenge. Please note them, because if you haven’t seen them yet, you must. Also check my honorable mentions, the movies that almost made my top 10 list.

10. Shame
I never thought I would love “Shame” as much as I do. Normally I would skip a movie about a man with a sex addiction. I’m glad I didn’t, because it’s so much more than that. Michael Fassbender was so good in this movie, seriously Oscar worthy.
 
 
 
9. Prisoners
I recently rewatched it and it left me the same as the first time I saw it: gasping for air. A totally unexpected thriller, that captivated me from beginning ‘till end. Wonderfull performances by Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal, but also Paul Dano did a good job.
 
 
8. 12 Years a Slave
If this movie doesn’t touch you, you’re a robot. Every inch in my body felt the pain and the suffering of Solomon. Such an amazing movie, goose bumps.
 
 
7. Whiplash
Oh how I loved this movie! I heard so many great things about it and I totally agreed with all of those people. Seriously, J.K. Simmons in this film, if his character was real he would scare the sh** out of me.
 
 
6. The Grand Budapest Hotel
This year I discovered that Wes Anderson is one of my favorite directors. His movies are a piece of art, they look amazing. I wish I had his creative mind. I enjoyed “The Gran Budapest Hotel” and Ralph Fiennes’ performance is one of the best of the year.
 
 
5. Intouchables
I’m a bit ashamed that it took me this long to finally watch “Intouchables”. I only heard good reviews about this movie and all I can do is agree. It’s an amazingly touching, endearing movie.
 
 
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
I didn’t know anything about the heroes in this film before seeing it. Each one of them stole my heart and I’m a fan of “Guardians of the Galaxy”. It’s understatement if I say I adored this movie. I even think it’s the best Marvel movie so far!
 
 
3. The Way Way Back
I have a selection of films that I watch whenever I want to feel happy, like “Little Miss Sunshine”, “Singin’ in the Rain” and “Happy-Go-Lucky”. Now I can also add “The Way Way Back” to that selection. Ever since I watched it, I rewatched it twice already.
 
 
2. The World’s End
I knew before watching it that I was going to love it. The combo of Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost works every time and I love this movie. I sure don’t hope this trio is going to stop making movies together.
 
 
1. Jagten
This movie really took me by surprise and it was an absolute winner for me. After the movie ended, I couldn’t stop thinking of it, it really grabbed me and got under my skin. It’s always great to get into a movie not knowing anything about it and then be speechless in the end. Fun fact: this was the first movie for my challenge that I gave a 5 star rating.
 
 
Honorable Mentions: Begin Again, Rushmore, Rear Window, The Lego Movie, About Time, Captain Phillips, Nightcrawler

Geen opmerkingen: