dinsdag 19 augustus 2014

Best & Worst: Steve Carell

He got his fame for his role in “The Office” which is one of the best comedy shows ever. Later Steve Carell got a lot of lead roles in comedies and even in more dramatic movies he proved he had what it takes. Here are my picks for best and worst of Steve Carell.
 

How could I not go with this. “Little Miss Sunshine” is one of my all-time favorites and every time I watch it, it puts a big smile on my face. The movie literally makes me feel better. All the great characters, so quirky together, and that cool, yellow van that they are driving. And Steve’s characters Frank is just so sad, yet loveable.
Honorable Mentions: “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy”, “The Way Way Back”, “Despicable Me”, The 40 Year Old Virgin”
 

It’s a spin-off movie, because Carell already played this characters in “Bruce Almighty”. That one I liked, but “Evan Almighty” isn’t that good. It’s not a total stinker though, but it’s not Carell’s finest moment.
Dishonorable Mentions: “Dinner for Schmucks”

Geen opmerkingen: