zaterdag 12 juli 2014

Movie Battle: The Time Traveler's Wife Vs. About Time

Again I have chosen two movies with a similar theme. Both movies are about time travel. I love both movies, so it would be hard to pick a winner. Just let them go head to head and I will decided who’s the match winner in “The Time Traveler’s Wife” Vs. “About Time”.
 

CAST

The Time Traveler’s Wife: Eric Bana is Henry, the guy who can travel through time but doesn’t have any control over it. The titular wife Clare is portrayed by Rachel McAdams. They both do a great job, but I think McAdams is the big star in the film. She really shines.

About Time: Tim is played by Domhnall Gleeson. He can time travel and he can control it. He has to get into a small, dark place, clutch his fists and think of a moment he wants to travel back to. He can relive his own past, but he cannot make any major changes, because it will have effect on the present. His wife is played by, again, Rachel McAdams. And again she shines. Bill Nighy is the guy stealing all the scenes, as Tim’s dad.

STORY

The Time Traveler’s Wife: I just love the book, so the story is one of my favourites of all time. I was very excited when they turned it into a movie and I think they did a fantastic job. It was criticized, but I really liked the film.

About Time: I thought it was going to be another standard story about a guy who time travelled. I was really surprised with this film and it is actually on my favourites list now. It just feels so honest and real.

EFFECTS

The Time Traveler’s Wife: The moments that Henry disappears were made very well, it’s like pieces of a puzzle falling apart.

About Time: I just love the way this movie was filmed and I liked the colors and tones of the film.

WINNER

Like I said, “About Time” has become one of my favourites. It’s amazing, I love it. It’s is actually Rachel McAdams best film so far.

Geen opmerkingen: