zaterdag 5 juli 2014

DVD Collection Update (16)

It's been a while and there are a lot of new movies in my collection. Some classics, some newer movies. Here they are.

First I got "The Goonies", a movie I never saw before. I wished I saw it as a kid, it would've been so great. But now, as an adult, I still love it. I think kids these days wouldn't like it as much as 80's and 90's kids.

An absolute classic, I never saw it and I feel a little bit ashamed. It's a science fiction movie everyone should see. Now I finally did and I think it's really good. I'm not as enthusiastic as most people, but I can see the appeal.

Another classic, even older, is "North by Northwest". I think everyone knows that airplane scene, including me, but I've never seen it before. It's still waiting on my shelve to be played and I'm really curious. It's one of Hitchcock's finest.

"Hunger" is Steve McQueen's first directed movie and I heard a lot about it. I can't wait to watch it, the trailer looked amazing.

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! It was such a fun film, not just for kids, are you kidding me? I love the references and the cameos. It's so much fun!!!!!!

I just knew I was going to love this movie, because it's just my kind of film. A great mix of drama and comedy, both genres not overpowering. And I have a little crush on Sam Rockwell after watching "The Way Way Back", because his character stole my heart.

"Shame" really surprised me, I didn't think I was going to love it this much. I gave it a five star rating!

I didn't think it was possible, but "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" is even sillier then te first. Not as funny, but still worth your time. That's if you like the sillyness.

With owning "12 Years a Slave" I mentioned all the Steve McQueen movies in one post and with that I also own all three films. I loved this movie.. Seriously, if you don't cry over this, you're a robot. Even my friend Irene, who doesn't even cry on a relatives funeral, teared up. Well, she's also pregnant, so that's also a reason why she might be extra emotional.

Geen opmerkingen: