woensdag 4 juni 2014

Quotables: "Rocky"

I like “Rocky” mostly because of the great character of Rocky Balboa, an underdog and a very likeable man. The story is believable and realistic, you really sympathize with Rocky. And it also shows how great Sylvester Stallone is as an actor and director. Here are some memorable quotes from “Rocky”.
 
 
 
Rocky: Yea, to you it's Thanksgiving; to me it's Thursday.

Mickey: Your nose is broken.
Rocky: How does it look?
Mickey: Ah, it's an improvement.
 

Rocky: Took you long enough to get here. Took you ten years to get to my house. Huh, what's the matter? You don't like my house? Does my house stink? That's right-it stinks! I didn't have no favors from you! Don't slum around me. Talkin' about your prime. What about my prime, Mick? At least you had a prime! I didn't have no prime. I didn't have nithin'! Leg's are goin', everything is goin'. Nobody's getting' no nothin'. Guy comes up, offers me a fight. Big deal. Wanna fight the fight? Yeah, I'll fight the big fight. I wouldn't wanna fight. Know what's gonna happen to me? I'm gonna get that! I'm gonna get that! And you wanna be ringside to see it? Do ya? You wanna help me out? Huh? Do you wana see me get my face kicked in? Leg's ain't workin', nothing's workin', but they go, "Go on, fight the champ." Yeah, I'll fight him. Get my face kicked in. And you come around here. You wanna move in here with me? Come on in! It's a nice house! Real nice. Come on in and move. It stinks! This whole place stinks. You wanna help me out? Well, help me out! Come on, help me out. I'm standin' here!

Adrian: Why do you wanna fight?
Rocky: Because I can't sing or dance.

Apollo Creed: Apollo Creed vs. the Italian Stallion. Sounds like a damn monster movie.

Rocky: I just want to say hi to my girlfriend, OK? Yo, Adrian! It's me, Rocky.
 

Rocky: Don't smoke that. It makes your breath like garbage.
Marie: Maybe I like garbage.
Rocky: [putting out the cigarette] Nobody likes garbage!

Rocky: I think we make a real sharp couple of coconuts - I'm dumb, you're shy, whaddaya think, huh?

Geen opmerkingen: