donderdag 30 januari 2014

Top 5 Thursday: Movies from 1998

First my apologies for the missing top 5 last week. With all the busy stuff I totally forgot! But it's back this week. Let’s take a look at the year 1998, what movies did that year bring us?

5. The Wedding Singer
Okay, probably not one of the best movies of 1998, but a bit of a guilty pleasure. This was in the time that Adam Sandler still made movies worth your time. And he forms a sweet duo with Drew Barrymore.


4. The Faculty
Such a cool movie, although it features all kinds of stereotypical high school students. It’s a Robert Rodriguez movie and it’s an enjoyable film to watch.


3. American History X
This was an intense film, it haunted me for days when I first saw it. Especially that one scene with the man on the curb. You know what I’m talking about. And a fantastic performance by Edward Norton.


2. The Big Lebowski
You gotta love The Dude. In my opinion it’s Jeff Bridges at his best, although he also had some more dramatic roles where he was outstanding in. John Goodman also rocks this movie and I just love it.


1. There’s Something About Mary
It’s probably my number one comedy of all time. Cameron Diaz as the loveable Mary, who everybody loves. And Ben Stiller…. How cute was he and everyone felt sorry for him. That zipper scene, auch! I can still see the image.


They Almost Made the Top 5: The Truman Show, You’ve Got Mail, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Saving Private Ryan, Shakespeare in Love

Geen opmerkingen: