maandag 13 januari 2014

Quotables: "Brokeback Mountain"

Such a great movie, I really fell in love with it when I saw it for the first time. What great performances by Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger. Here are some quotes.

Jack Twist: As for our marriage, we can do it over the phone.

Ennis Del Mar: You ever get the feelin'... I don't know, er... when you're in town and someone looks at you all suspicious, like he knows? And then you go out on the pavement and everyone looks like they know too?


Jack Twist: There ain't never enough time, never enough...

Lureen Newsome: He always said he wanted his ashes scattered on Brokeback Mountain, but I wasn't sure where that was. I thought Brokeback Mountain might be around where he grew up. Knowing Jack, it was probably some pretend place, where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring...

Joe Aguirre: You boys sure found a way to make the time pass up there. Twist, you guys wasn't gettin' paid to leave the dogs babysittin' the sheep while you stem the rose.


Jack Twist: Tell you what... truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it...

Ennis Del Mar: Bottom line is... we're around each other an'... this thing, it grabs hold of us again... at the wrong place... at the wrong time... and we're dead.

Geen opmerkingen: