donderdag 5 december 2013

Top 5 Thursday: Movies from 2005

This was actually a very good year for movies, at least for me because some of my all-time favorites came out that year. Here are my five favourite movies from the year 2005.

5. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Here is where I fell in love with Robert Downey Jr. I think modern day film noir meets comedy is a great concept. I laughed really hard while watching “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang”. And we finally got to see Val Kilmer again, he also cracked me up.


4. King Kong
I’m not a fan of remakes. The original is a classic, but it was time they did a remake for this one, because it was pretty outdated. Peter Jackson did a great job and although it’s a very long movie, it’s very entertaining and gorgeous looking.


3. Sin City
I can’t wait for the sequel, but I can rewatch “Sin City” anytime. It’s so fantastic how Robert Rodriguez kept the actual comic book elements in there, without making it look fake. Fantastic movie!


2. Brokeback Mountain
No, it’s not a movie about gay cowboys! It makes me mad when people say that, because they don’t care to look past that. “Brokeback Mountain” is so much more, it touches me every single time. Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger are fantastic in this movie.


1. Pride & Prejudice
Another movie based on my favourite book, but the best one so far. Keira Knightley’s performance is spot on and I love Matthew Mcfadyen as Mr. Darcy. I didn’t know him, but he was perfectly cast. I love this movie!


They Almost Made the Top 5: Batman Begins, The 40-Year Old Virgin, Red Eye, North Country

Geen opmerkingen: