donderdag 7 november 2013

Top 5 Thursday: Children's Book Authors

As a teacher I love reading children’s books. Especially to children. I can really get lost in them, like a child can. Here are my five favourite children’s book authors.

5. E.B. White
He wrote “Stuart Little” and “Charlotte’s Web”, two stories I just happen to love. And so do kids. He made everyone feel for a spider, when in the daily life most people want to step on them.


4. Beatrix Potter
Lovely stories, beautiful illustrations. These stories are timeless.


3. Eric Carle
When I was a toddler, I loved “The Very Hungry Caterpillar”. Appearantly when me and my mother went to the library, she always had to read it to me. I knew it by heart. I actually still do.


2. J.K. Rowling
She really hit the mark with the Harry Potter books. What a great success! I loved reading those books and was sad that the series ended. But even rereading them is enjoyable. This is the only author on the list that I didn't experience as a child.


1. Roald Dahl
I think we all agree on this one. He wrote my favorite children’s book “Matilda” and many other beloved books. All his books are amazing!


They Almost Made the Top 5: C.S. Lewis, Max Velthuijs, Dr. Seuss

Geen opmerkingen: