donderdag 31 oktober 2013

Top 5 Thursday: Movies from 2002

I’ve done top fives for movies in the 1980’s and 1990’s, but I’m going to the 2000’s this time. 2002 to be exact. I don’t know why I choose this year, I just picked one and went with it. It turned out 2002 had some memorable movies.

5. Signs
I know the ending is a bit weird, but this is a great movie. I remember seeing it in theatres and that one scene, where Joaquin Phoenix is watching TV where you first see the alien. It freaked me out! It still excited me.


4. Orange County
Such a sucker for this movie. It’s easy on the eyes, really light for any time of the day. I really wished we could see more of Colin Hanks, because he’s great (like his dad). And off course Jack Black as Lance, scene stealer!


3. Equilibrium
Call me a fool, but I’m probably the only person that thinks this is better than “The Matrix”. I don’t know why they compare them actually, because in “Equilibrium” things make more sense… I always liked this film.


2. Whale Rider
This is one of those movies someone recommended me and I didn’t know what to expect. It totally blew me away, what an amazing performance by the young Keisha Castle-Hughes.


1. Catch Me If You Can
I love this film, it’s a real treat for me. Off course because it stars Tom Hanks, but also the great performance by Leonardo DiCaprio, the amazing and unbelievable true story and Steven Spielberg directing it. It’s phenomenal.


They Almost Made the Top 5: Phone Booth, The Bourne Identity, John Q, Gangs of New York, 25th Hour

Geen opmerkingen: