vrijdag 2 augustus 2013

Quotables: "Midnight in Paris"

I stated my love for this movie many times already. I’m actually in love with this movie, as much as I’m in love with Paris. It’s just a brilliant concept, with a loveable leading man played by Owen Wilson. And full of memorable quotes, that I am going to share with you today in this item.



Inez: You're in love with a fantasy.
Gil: I'm in love with you.

Inez: You always take the side of the help. That's why Daddy says you're a communist.

Ernest Hemingway: No subject is terrible if the story is true, if the prose is clean and honest, and if it affirms courage and grace under pressure.


Gil: They are your friends and I have to admit I'm not quite as taken with them as you are.

Gil: I would like you to read my novel and get your opinion.
Ernest Hemingway: I hate it.
Gil: You haven't even read it yet.
Ernest Hemingway: If it's bad, I'll hate it. If it's good, then I'll be envious and hate it even more. You don't want the opinion of another writer.

Ernest Hemingway: Picasso only thinks that women are to sleep with, or to paint.


Gil: You know how I think better in the shower, get all those positive ions flowing.

Gil: That's what the present is. It's a little unsatisfying because life is unsatisfying.

Gertrude Stein: The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.


Ernest Hemingway: I believe that love that is true and real, creates a respite from death. All cowardice comes from not loving or not loving well, which is the same thing. And then the man who is brave and true looks death squarely in the face, like some rhino-hunters I know or Belmonte, who is truly brave... It is because they make love with sufficient passion, to push death out of their minds... until it returns, as it does, to all men... and then you must make really good love again.

Helen: We saw a wonderfully funny American film last night.
Inez: Who was in it?
Helen: Oh, I don't know. I forget the name.
Gil: Wonderful but forgettable. It sounds like a film I've seen. I probably wrote it.

Geen opmerkingen: