vrijdag 12 juli 2013

Me & 3 High School Movies

High School is in the past for me and I would like to keep it there. Let’s just say it wasn’t as great as it seems in the movies. Because I do like high school movies and I picked some of my favorites to watch for this item.

10 Things I Hate About You
Genre: Comedy/ Romance
Year: 1999
Director: Gil Junger
Cast: Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Larisa Oleynik, Larry Miller, Andrew Keegan, Allison Janney, David Krumholtz, Susan May Pratt
Description: A new kid must find a guy to date the meanest girl in school, the older sister of the girl he has a crush on, who cannot date until her older sister does.
Opinion: What can I say, it’s a guilty pleasure. And for a teen movie it is pretty good. I can watch it over and over again and that musical performance by Heath Ledger is just great.
Favorite character: Kat Stratford
Most memorable quote: “You don’t always have to b who they want you to be, you know?” -Kat Stratford-
Best scene: Patrick tries to get Kat’s attention by singing” Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You” in front of the entire school.

The Breakfast Club
Genre: Drama/ Comedy
Year: 1985
Director: John Hughes
Cast: Emilio Estevez, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwals, Anthony Michael Hall, Ally Sheedy, Paul Gleason
Description: Five high school students, all different stereotypes, meet in detention, where they pour their hearts out to each other, and discover how they have a lot more in common than they thought.
Opinion: I love 80’s movies and this I actually one of my favorites. Nothing really spectacular happens, but I enjoy watching the characters develop. And some great dialogues.
Favorite character: John Bender
Most memorable quote: “We’re all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that’s all” –Andrew Clark-
Best scene: When John Bender falls thought the roof.

Easy A
Genre: Comedy
Year: 2010
Director: Will Gluck
Cast: Emma Stone, Thomas Haden Church, Penn Badgley, Amanda Bynes, Stanley Tucci, Patricia Clarkson, Lisa Kudrow
Description: A clean-cut high school student relies on the school's rumor mill to advance her social and financial standing.
Opinion: By just reading the synopsis it didn’t seem like a special movie, so I wasn’t sure if I would like it. Well, I love it! Olive is actually one of my favourite movie characters.
Favorite character: Olive Penderghast
Most memorable quote: “Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life.” –Olive Penderghast-
Best scene: Where we see how Olive actually spend her weekend.

Favorite of the 3: Easy A

Geen opmerkingen: