maandag 24 juni 2013

50 Books Challenge 2013 - # 23: Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll

Title: Through the Looking-Glass
Author: Lewis Carroll
Story: The famous sequel to Alice in Wonderland. Alice finds herself yet again in a topsy-turvy world full of fascinating and funny characters, moving her way around a chess board world to try and get back home.
Start: june 16th 2013
End: june 24th 2013
Comment: The first story, "Alice in Wonderland", is a book you can really get lost in. Especially as a girl Alice's age. I was't quite sure if the sequel would have that same effect, you never know with sequels. This one lived up to my expectations and I enjoyed every inch of it. Great and extraordinary characters, fun rhyms and songs, memorable lines. I was in love with the illustrations, just what a good children's book needs. Lewis Carroll takes you on an adventure with his nice writing style and any kid would love this. Absolutely adored this book, I'm glad I finally read it.
Rating: 5/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: