dinsdag 11 juni 2013

50 Books Challenge 2013 - # 21: Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard Atwater

Title: Mr. Popper's Penguins
Author: Richard Atwater
Story: The Poppers unexpectedly come into possession of a penguin, then get a penguin from the zoo who mates with the first penguin to have 10 baby penguins. Before long, something must be done before they eat the Poppers out of house and home.
Start: june 7th 2013
End: june 11th 2013
Comment: I love animals, I love book about animals, I love children's books about animals. I was sure that I was going to like this. We follow the life of Mr. Popper, who has a fascination for the arctic and penguins. When a penguin is send to him, the journey begins. And that one penguin is only the beginning, because there are more to follow. Kids dig this stuff, it's hilarious and fun. A very quick read for me. I liked it too, but it's not a books I will remember forever and it's also not a book that will be in the children's hearts for the rest of their lives. But I think this book can make kids read, that are normally not interested in reading. It's a fun book, with a lot of laughs, likeable characters and it's very enjoyable.
Rating: 3/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: