donderdag 23 mei 2013

Top 5 Thursday: Naomi Watts Movies

Somehow I realized just now that I didn't do a Top 5 Thursday last week. Well, here's one again. I decided to share with you my five favorite movies of my all-time favorite actress Naomi Watts. Now I have finally seen “The Impossible” I can make this list. Naomi Watts has been my favorite actress ever since I saw her in “21 Grams”. I don’t think many people share this favorite, but she captivates me every single time. She is so convincing and I think she is absolutely fantastic. Here are my favorites.

5. The Painted Veil
This movie didn’t make it to theatres here in the Netherlands, which proves again what a strange country this is. When I saw the trailer for the first time, I just had to see it. So when I saw the DVD in the store I just had to have it. Wonderful movie that not a lot of people know about.


4. The Impossible
I saw it recently for the first time. I was so ashamed, as a Naomi Watts fan, that I hadn’t seen it yet. But I was touched by this movie. This might even be Naomi’s best performance so far. Her second Academy Award nomination.


3. Mulholland Drive
This is one of those mindf*** movies. You think you understand it, but than you don’t and you’re surrounded by all sorts of weird characters. Mastermind David Lynch made a fantastic film and I thank him for letting Naomi star in it.


2. King Kong
Although Kong is the star of this film, I loved Naomi in it. The scenes with the two of them in it are so beautiful. This movie blew my mind.


1. 21 Grams
Like I said in my intro, this movie introduced me to Naomi Watts. This also got Naomi her first Academy Award nomination (it went to my other favorite Charlize Theron). After seeing her in “21 Grams” I knew I wanted to see everything she was in.


They Almost Made the Top 5: Eastern Promises, The Ring, I Heart Huckabees, Fair Game, J. Edgar

Geen opmerkingen: