donderdag 21 maart 2013

Top 5 Thursday: Actors Who Deserved an Academy Award

While wathcing the Academy Awards it happened many times that the one I wanted to win, didn't. And I was actually mad about it. Sometimes the actors had already one an Academy Award, but that doesn't matter. Here are my five actors who I think Deserved an Oscar.

5. Tom Cruise in "Born on the 4th of July"
He has been in many great film, but his role in "Born on the 4th of July" is simply the best. Cruise was so convincing and he touched me.


4. Edward Norton for "American History X"
Norton was fantastic in this film, a great performance. And also one of the best films made.



3. William H. Macy for "Fargo"
He was nominated for his supporting role and I think he did a tremendous job. Macy is a master in playing men who you feel sorry for.


2. Russell Crowe for "A Beautiful Mind"
Denzel Washington won that year, and that's fine, but I'm mostly mad that Crowe won for "Gladiator" and didn't for "A Beautiful Mind". I think it's pretty obvious that his performance as John Nash is much better and tougher to play.


1. James Franco for "127 Hours"
I was raging mad when I found out James didn't win the Oscar. This is one of the best performances I've seen in the past 10 years. Amazing. Colin Firth won that year, but he played a British king with a speech problem... come on!


They Almost Made the Top 5: Leonardo DiCaprio for Blood Diamond, Kevin Costner for Dances with Wolves, Samuel L. Jackson for Pulp Fiction

Geen opmerkingen: