donderdag 28 februari 2013

Top 5 Thursday: Oscar 2013 Wins

I love the Oscars, always look forward to them. I also try to predict every year, but I didn't do that great this year. I loved the host (I heart Seth MacFarlane) and I did see some great wins. Here are my favorite wins of the 2013 Oscars.

5. "Brave" winning Best Animated Feature Film of the Year
If a Disney movie is nominated, it will most likely win. I love "Brave", like practically every other Disney movie. Deserved!


4. Jennifer Lawrenve winning Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Although I was hoping for my favorite Naomi Watts and thinking it was going to be Jessica Chastain, I was so happy for Jennifer Lawrence. And felt so bad for her that she fell, but if I had just won an Oscar I wouldn't give a damn. And that speech was so touching and a bit awkward.


3. Daniel Day-Lewis winning Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
What a fabulous actor he is. He is the first actor to win three Academy Awards. I haven't seen "Lincoln" yet, but just a little clip tells me how great his performance is.


2. Quentin Tarantino winning Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen
I was hoping he would be nominated for the best director award, because that's what he really deserves. But he so deserved this one as well. Tarantino is an awesome screenwriter and he's so unique. No one is like this guy.


1. Christoph Waltz winning Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
How amazing is this. Five years ago nobody outside Germany and Austria had heard from this guy and now he wins his second Academy Award. I loved him as Dr. King Schultz in "Django Unchained". It was totally unexpected though, because I really thought Tommy Lee Jones was going to win.


They Almost Made the Top 5: "Argo" for winning Best Motion Picture of the Year

Geen opmerkingen: