donderdag 17 januari 2013

Top 5 Thursday: Steven Spielberg Movies

With "Lincoln" coming out in theatres soon, here in the Netherlands, I thought to rank my favorite movies by director Steven Spielberg. He has made so many great, memorable movies. Here are my favorite five.

5. Catch Me If You Can
It's an extraordinary story, that's really hard to believe but actually happened. Love the acting by Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio. I always watch it when it's on.


4.Jaws
The power of this horror movie is how the tension is build up. The first 45 minutes you don't even see the shark, but it's terrifying anyway. Nowadays it's more bloody. "Jaws" is a fantastic movie.


3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones is my favorite movie character and the movies are all great. The first is still the best and I just love that scene with the swordsman Indy shoots. A movie full of adventure, humor and romance.


2. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
This film has a lot of aw-moments. "E.T." is such a sweet, heartwarming and touching movie. Great for all ages. Even the kids in my class, who are from a total different generation, know "E.T.". Timeless.


1. Jurassic Park
I remember when I first saw "Jurassic Park". It was jawdropping and right after the end credits I wanted to see it again. It's so amazing. And still I can watch it over and over again.


They Almost Made the Top 5: "Empire of the Sun", "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", "The Lost World: Jurassic Park"

Geen opmerkingen: