woensdag 23 januari 2013

Quotables: "Easy A"

When I read the synopsis of “Easy A” I thought it was going to be one of those standard teen comedies, with oversexed teenagers. Well, it wasn’t anything like that. It’s one of my favorites of all-time and it made me love Emma Stone. And she’s the star, with a lot f fantastic quotes. Here are my favorites.

Olive Penderghast: I just thought of the funniest thing. My name is an anagram for "I love".
Anson: What... what's an anagram?
Olive Penderghast: [stares in disbelief for a second before recovering] Look it up big boy.

Brandon: Is there an Olive here?
Rosemary: There's a whole jar of them in the fridge!

Principal Gibbons: This is public school. If I can keep the girls off the pole and the boys off the pipe, I get a bonus.


Dill: The family member of the week gets to pick the movie.
Olive Penderghast: You get family member of the week every week.
Rosemary: And there's a reason for that.
Olive Penderghast: Yeah, you pick family member of the week!
Rosemary: Are you accusing me of nepotism?

Olive Penderghast: Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life.

Dill: After we watch "The Bucket List," remember to cross "watch 'The Bucket List'" off our bucket list.


Olive Penderghast: I used to be anonymous, invisible to the opposite sex. If Google Earth were a guy couldn't find me if I was dressed up as a 10-story building.

Woodchuck Todd: Screw all these people, Olive!
Olive Penderghast: Haven't you heard? I already did.

Rosemary: Not to mention how have you been dressing this past few day. No judgement, but you kind of look like stripper.
Olive Penderghast: Mom!
Dill: [to Olive] A high-end stripper, for governors or athletes.

Rhiannon: George is not a sexy name. George is like what you name your teddy bear, not the name you wanna scream out during climax.

Olive Penderghast: Ironically, we were studying "The Scarlet Letter", but isn't that always the way? The books you read in class always seems to have a strong connection with whatever angsty adolescent drama is being recounted. I consider this. Except for "Huckleberry Finn", 'cause I don't know any teenage boys who have ever run away with a big, hulking black guy.

Olive Penderghast: That's the beauty of being a girl in high-school: people hear you had sex once and BAM - you're a bimbo.


Rosemary: We're a family of late bloomers - I didn't until I was 14 and nor did Olive.
Chip: Why does that matter - I'm adopted!
Dill: [Freaking out] What! Oh my god! Who told you? Guys we were going to do this at the right time!

Olive Penderghast: [to Brandon as she takes off her panties] Relax. Jesus. What is with you gays? Are you really that repulsed by lady parts? What do you think I have down there? A gnome?

Olive Penderghast: I might even lose my virginity to him. I don't know when will it happen. You know, maybe in five minutes, or tonight, or sixth months from now, or maybe on the night of our wedding. But the really amazing this is, it is nobody's goddamn business.

Geen opmerkingen: