donderdag 11 oktober 2012

Top 5 Thursday: Road Movies

I really like road movies, people taking a road trip. I always dreamed of taking one myself, if only I had a drivers licence :( . But I can always enjoy others taking a road trip. Here are my favorite road movies.

5. National Lampoon’s Vacation
There where a bunch of sequels, but this one is without a doubt the funniest of all of them. Chevy Chase plays loveable Clark Griswold who drives his family to Wally World in a station wagon. Everything that can go wrong, goes wrong. And then I haven’t even mentioned that Wally World is closed when they finally arrive at the park.



4. The Muppets
I was super excited to hear there was a new Muppet movie out. And the road trip is a big part of this adventure, even if they are only travelling by map.



3. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
I loved this movie when I was a kid, and still. Around the holidays I always watch this movie. Steve Martin and John Candy are a great pair and that car scene is my favorite. Where they are going the wrong way.



2. The Motorcycle Diaries
A truly amazing story about a young Che Guevera, whose eyes are opened to the injustice of the world while travelling across South America on a motorcycle with his best friend.



1. Little Miss Sunshine
The quirkiest family takes a road trip to drive daughter Olive to the little miss sunshine pageant. Everything about this movie is just great. I keep telling other people this, but they don’t seem to understand why I love this movie so much.



They almost made the top 5: Road to Perdition, Road Trip, Easy Rider, Thelma and Louise, True Romance

Geen opmerkingen: