maandag 17 september 2012

Best of... Mark Wahlberg

Mark Wahlberg is the living proof of singers who can actually act. He has made some great films over the years and very diverse. Here are my favorites.

"The Basketball Diaries"
A movie about drug addiction, really honest way of telling a story. Mark wasn't known as an actor yet, but that would change after this film.

"Fear"
I always liked this film, Reese Witherspoon's break and William Petersen plays her father. Mark Wahlberg is very creepy in this film, as the obsessive boyfriend David McCall.

"Boogie Nights"
I think this was Mark's break as an actor. "Boogie Nights" is a real cult classic. Not a movie I would usually love, but this is really good.

"The Big Hit"
In this film Mark showed his comedy skills for the first time. This movie really made me laugh out loud. And then his name: Melvin Smiley. Come on.

"The Yards"
The great cast (Mark Wahlberg, Joaquin Phoenix, Charlize Theron, James Caan) looked really promissing. It didn't exactly meet my expectations, but it was worth watching.

"Three Kings"
Although this movie is about the aftermath of the Persian Gulf War, "Three Kings" is an anti war movie. It's about soldiers celebrating its end and then coming to grips with its consequences.

"The Perfect Storm"
Most people think it sucks, but I'm not most people. Sometimes I can like a movie and not care about what other people think of it. I saw it in the theater and I really enojyed it. Very much so!

"I Heart Huckabees"
I basically watched this movie just because my favorite actress, Naomi Watts, was in it. I didn't know that this movie was actually really good. A bit strange and out of the ordinary, but kinda great.

"The Departed"
The best movie on this list and definitely Mark's best role. He plays the best role in this movie, although he's a douchebag. Maybe that's why I liked him so much. And he saves the day eventually.

"The Lovely Bones"
OK, the book was better than the movie. But I do like te movie version too. Mark's role was good, Saoirse Ronan is the real star. Oh, and Stanley Tucci is super creepy.

"Date Night"
Mark's job in this movie is basically to wear no shirt and look pretty. I'm not complaining. He's kind of mocking himself a bit I think. "Date Night" is just a funny, no-nonsense movie. Love that scene with the boat.

"The Fighter"
GREAT, GREAT, GREAT! Perfect acting by a perfect cast. All I have to say.

"Ted"
Recently saw it and it's freaking hilarious. Mark's funniest role so far. Great chemistry with Mila Kunis and Seth MacFarlane's humor is fantastic!!! I loved "Ted".

Geen opmerkingen: