zaterdag 4 augustus 2012

Best of... Sylvester Stallone

I rewatched "Cliffhanger" yesterday and that reminded me of how cool Sylvester Stallone is. And he's done so many great films. Here are my favorites.

"Rocky"
This is the best one on the list. My favorite Stallone movie. I love how this is so realistic, especially the ending. And although Rocky doesn't win the fight, he's a true hero.

"Rocky II"
It's a highly entertaining sequel, but not as good as the first one off course. It's a little bit slow at first, but very exciting in the end.

"Victory"
Reviews are mixed, but I always liked this soccer film. Stallone and also his co-star Michael Caine are very enjoyable to watch in this picture. It's a great film in many ways.

"Rocky III"
Rocky has finally beaten Apollo Creed and then comes along Clubber Lang, the number one contender. And Rocky has still got it. The third installment isn't a drag at all.

"First Blood"
Stallone is known for his role of Rocky Balboa, but Rambo is his second most known character. And there is no one else who could have played this part better. Stallone IS Rambo.

"Rambo: First Blood Part II"
Not as loved as the first and it's also not as good as the first, but still a great action movie with a high level of entertainment.

"Lock Up"
I don't think a lot of people know this movie. I think it's an underrated movie. Best acting is not by Stallone though, it's the sadistic prison warden portrayed by Donald Sutherland.

"Tango & Cash"
Kurt Russell and Sylvester Stallone are the reason why this run-of-the-mill action flick actually works. There's nothing innovative or special about the film, it's nothing we haven't seen before. But the film is entertaining as hell thanks to it's two stars.

"Oscar"
I hear you thinking: "What the hell is this doing on your list"? Well, I can explain that. I think this movie is simply hilarious and should get more credit. It's really funny and Stallone can be funny. Just give me a break will ya?

"Cliffhanger"
I just rewatched it yesterday and it's still super awesome. Maybe a little over-the-top sometimes (very clever for a mountain climbing movie), but it's a very good movie and highly enjoyable. And John Lithgow is a very believable bad guy.

"Demolition Man"
You know that there is always this movie that, no matter how many times you've seen it, you always watch it when it's on TV. Well that's what "Demilition Man" is to me. Everytime I watch it, I don't think I ever skipped it. It has action and humor in it, and so many memorable moments. I love it whenever you swear this alarm goes off and you get a ticket and off course the three shells on the toilet that John Spartan doesn't understand. Don't role your eyes, "Demolition Man" is awesome!

"Assassins"
Also a movie I watched many times. Very exciting movie, I like Stallone and Banderas opposite of each other. This movie is action packed and definitely worth watching for any fan of action movies. I'm surprised to see how low the rating is on IMDB.

"Daylight"
Again a Stallone movie I find hard to skip. And this one also doesn't get a very high rating. I guess the people on IMDB don't think that highly of Mr. Stallone. I know this movie has a lot of clichés, but still it's entertaining. Stallone does his job, he saves the day.

"Copland"
A movie with a great cast. And this movie gets better the more you watch it. At first you think it's just OK, but now I actually think it's a really good movie with great performances.

"Rocky Balboa"
This is my second favorite "Rocky" movie. I didn't think much of it when it came out. Another film about Rocky Balboa, rwho needs it? But it surprised me, in a good way, because I think it's great. And again very realistic.

"Rambo"
I had the same feeling about this one, didn't really expect much and wasn't waiting for another "Rambo" movie. But this also surprised me. Maybe even the best one in the series. Sylvester Stallone isn't too old for this shit yet.

"The Expendables"
Hell yeah!! When you love action, you get everything you want with this film. Stallone, Statham, Willis, Schwarzenegger, Lundgren, Li and Rourke all in one movie. Insane!!! Can't wait to see "The Expandables 2", where they added Norris, Van Damme and Hemsworth.

Geen opmerkingen: