zaterdag 5 mei 2012

50 Books Challenge 2012 - # 19: Divergent (Divergent # 1) by Veronica Roth (Divergent # 1)

Title: Divergent (Divergent # 1)
Author: Veronica Roth
Story: In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.
Start: may 1st 2012
End: may 5th 2012
Comment: I bumped on this book by accident,I didn't know this book already came out in my country. So I was super thrilled and excited to read this because I only heard great things about "Divergent". That's always dangerous, because when you start with such high expectations, it often disappoints. I'm glad that wasn't the issue here. I literally couldn't stop reading this book. I forgot everything around me while reading. The story was so interesting, fast paced, action packed and it was very original. Beatrice Prior is the main character, she is so strong but underrated because she is so small. Tris wasn't perfect and that makes her believable as a character. The main male character was Four, he was very likeable. He was both tough and kind and also had a vulnerable side. Four is a well written character and probably my favorite in "Divergent". If you like "The Hunger Games", you definitely love this one as well. And I can't wait for the second book to come out in the Netherlands.
Rating: 5/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: