donderdag 8 maart 2012

Top 5 Thursday: Best Picture Winners

The Academy Awards have been presented, but I noticed that there aren’t a lot of movies lately I would choose to win that actually went home with the award. I decided to make a top 5 of my favorite movies, that won an Academy Award.

5. The Godfather
I slightly prefer this one over the second installment, mainly because of Marlon Brando. What an actor. This is such an amazing movie experience.


4. Rocky
One of the best underdog stories ever told. Rocky is a hero, no matter what you say. Sylvester Stallone isn’t just a talking bundle of muscles, he can actually act and win over an audience.


3. Dances with Wolves
One of those films that didn’t bore me due to its length. It’s amazing how fast time goes by when watching “Dances with Wolves”. Great acting and directing by Kevin Costner, one of the reasons why I have a weak spot for Kevin Costner.


2. A Beautiful Mind
Maybe not a viewers choice, but this movie always takes my breath away. Like I said more than once, that I still can’t believe Russell Crowe didn’t win an Oscar for this movie and he did for “Gladiator”. Crowe’s role is extremely overwhelming and so convincing. Thank God Jennifer Connelly did win.


1. Forrest Gump
My second favorite movie of all time and it defeated my favorite movie “The Shawshank Redemption”. “Forrest Gump” is a great movie with a lot of heart. I love Tom Hanks as Forrest, his best role ever and I don’t think he will ever top that.


They almost made the top 5: No Country for Old Men, The Departed, Million Dollar Baby, Braveheart, American Beauty, Silence of the Lambs, Platoon, Rain Man, The Godfather Part 2

Geen opmerkingen: