donderdag 23 februari 2012

Top 5 Thursday: Movie Directors

I know a lot about movies, its stars, genres, you name it. Directors I don't know as much about, but I do know my favorites. Here are my favorite movie directors.

5. Clint Eastwood
Clint Eastwood has always been a fantastic actor, but in my opinion he’s an even better director. He has a good eye for telling a great story. I love all his movies.


4. David Lynch
David Lynch dares to be different. I wish I could get into his head someday, so I could find out how his mind works. His movies always make you think, more than usual. What seems like average stories turn out to be the most complicated stories ever. And even after seeing the movie you end up in an internal monologue with yourself, trying to figure out what you just saw.


3. Steven Spielberg
Maybe a bit cliché to put him on this list, but I always enjoy a good Spielberg movie. He made some classics like “Jurassic Park”, “Jaws”, “E.T.” and “Schindler’s List” and that’s just some I can come up with right now. They are always a great treat and they garantuee an entertaining night.


2. Ron Howard
Ron Howard started out as a childstar and grew out to be a succesful director. He became an actor so he wouldn’t be typecasted as an actor and he also refused to become a typecast director. Although all of his films are explorations of the human experience, he has ventured into many genres: science fiction, fantasy, epic adventure, romance, comedy, drama, satire.


1. Quentin Tarantino
Quentin Tarantino is my go-to-director. He hasn’t done many movies, but the once he made are all great pieces of work. He really takes his time to create a film. I like his controversy, the fantastic dialogues, the memorable characters and his style. Tarantino is one of a kind and I can’t believe he hasn’t won an Oscar yet.


They almost made the top 5: Frank Darabont, Sofia Coppola, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Martin Scorsese, Peter Jackson and The Coen Brothers.

Geen opmerkingen: