zaterdag 25 februari 2012

Best of... James Franco

The first thing you see are off course his good looks, but when you focus, James Franco is a fantastic actor with some wonderful films on his résumé. Here are my favorite James Franco movies.

"Never Been Kissed"
I didn't even know he was in this movie after watching it for the third time. James doesn't have a big role though. I love this movie, such a sweet film and Drew Barrymore rocks!

"Spider-Man"
He initially auditioned for the role of Peter Parker, but I think Harry Osbourne suites him better. Great comic-book adaptation.

"Spider-Man 2"
This is concidered the best in the trilogy. I think I agree. The villain is certainly more interesting. Great job by Alfred Molina. The triangle Maguire, Dunst and Franco also works perfectly.

"Tristan + Isolde"
Beautiful lovestory. I really enjoyed this movie a whole lot. I always seem to enjoy movies or stories about forbidden love. Great chemistry between Sophia Myles and James Franco.

"In the Valley of Elah"
This movie is basically great because of its strong cast. Tommy Lee Jones, Charlize Theron, Susan Sarandon. James only had to make a small effort, but I remember him. I especially liked Theron in this movie. She proved again why she's one of my favorites.

"Pineapple Express"
How awesome is this. I recently rewatched it and it's so much fun. I love the combination of James Franco and Seth Rogen and their humor is hilarious. Saul Silver is one of the dumbest but funniest characters.

"Nights in Rodanthe"
I seriously didn't know that he was in this movie, while I was watching it. SURPRISE! I always like Nicholas Sparks stories, so I enjoyed this one as well.

"Milk"
Fantastic performance by Sean Penn, he really deserved that Oscar. Great story and so perfectly told by Gus van Sant. Other great performances by James Franco, Emile Hirsch and Diego Luna.

"Howl"
James Franco's performance is better then the movie itself, but worth putting on this list anyway.

"127 Hours"
His best movie so far and also one of the best performances I've seen the last ten years. Franco gives away a perfect one-man show and this movie kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

"Your Highness"
A lot of people critized it, but I liked it. It's a bit ridiculous, but maybe that's why it's so much fun. All actors seem to 'overact' a bit, maybe Natalie Portman was the only one perfoming at her best, but still... I just like "Your Highness".

"Rise of the Planet of the Apes"
Surprisingly good! Never thought I would love it this much. The kudos go to Andy Serkis, as chimp Ceasar. What a fantastic role. This movie actually made me think and see again how cruel people can be.

I haven't seen "The Broken Tower" yet and it seems that James Franco has to work very hard. He has like 10 projects upcoming! Hell yeah!

Geen opmerkingen: