donderdag 29 december 2011

Top 5 Thursday: Books I Read in 2011

The last top 5 op the year. I just finished my book challenge and I read some bad book, some OK book but also some fantastic and amazing books. After a long time of thinking I managed to make a top 5 of the best books I read in 2011.

5. The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory
I love periodic drama/ romance stories. I loved the rivalry and also the love between the Boleyn sisters. This book was truly amazing and I’m still planning on reading the sequel.


4. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
My favorite Harry Potter novel, so it had to be on this list. And after reading it for the second time, you’ll discover new things you didn’t notice before. My favorite part of this book is the introduction of Sirius Black, my second favorite character from the series.


3. One Day by David Nicholls
The way this story was told was just unique. Each chapter covers the same day every year over two decades. I fell in love with David Nicholls’ writing and this book made me both laugh and cry. I truly loved it.


2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
The first book, "The Hunger Games", really blew my mind. I couldn't let it go and was totally captivated by it. I didn't think the second books could top it, but it did. I loved "Catching Fire", what an amazing book. This is one of my favorite series.


1. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Another book that gave me a hard time putting it away. Jacob was just such a loveable character, I fell in love with the guy. And Jacob’s bond with elephant Rosie was so endeering, touching and truly honest. Sara Gruen, who became one of my favorite writers over the year, is so talented. She writes as from heaven.


They almost made the top 5: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, Watership Down by Richard Adams, Marley & Me by John Grogan, Persuasion by Jane Austen, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, Starter for Ten by David Nicholls, Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy and The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Geen opmerkingen: