zondag 11 december 2011

50 Books Challenge 2011 - # 61: Complicit by Nicci French

Title: Complicit
Author: Nicci French
Story: Bonnie Graham is standing in a room belonging to a friend. At her feet is a corpse, straddled in a spreading pool of blood. The questions are numerous: who is responsible for the dead body on the floor? What does she, Bonnie, have to do with it?
Start: december 8th 2011
End: december 11th 2011
Comment: I read some Nicci French books before, but they never seem to stick around very long. I bought this book because the plot sounded very interesting. It started out very well, it got my attention. I had to get used to the writing style though: we see what happened before and after Bonnie finds the body. That was quite original. Soon it turned out to be less exciting as I expected it to be, althought the time switching added a little more excitement to it. It didn't work the entire story. I did finish it, but it was a struggle. A big disappointment.
Rating: 2/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: