zondag 20 november 2011

50 Books Challenge 2011 - # 56: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Author: J.K. Rowling
Story: Harry, Ron, and Hermione are on the run from Lord Voldemort, whose minions of Death Eaters have not only taken control of the Minister of Magic but have begun to systematically - and forcibly - change the entire culture of the magic community: Muggle-born wizards, for example, are being rounded up and questioned, and all "blood traitors" are being imprisoned. But as Voldemort and his followers ruthlessly pursue the fugitive with the lightning bolt scar on his forehead, Potter finally uncovers the jaw-dropping truth of his existence.
Start: november 8th 2011
End: november 20th 2011
Comment: This book took me more time to read than usual. But when I read the series the first time, the same happened. It's the last book and I just don't want it to end, so I tried to absorb every inch of the book. It has been an amazing journey, that we all took with Harry and his best friends Ron and Hermione. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is far out the most emotional book. Not only because we have to deal with some losses, but also because of some joyfull happenings. With that last one I off course mean Harry finally beating Voldemort, which gave me the chills and made me take a little leap of joy. My favorite part was where we see young Snape and Lily. Why he hated James Potter so much and in the beginning also Harry. The other favorite part is without a doubt Ron and Hermione's kiss. That just had to happen. The epilogue was good as well. I liked reading about them 19 years later and having kids themselves. Like the first time, the only thing I hated about this series is when it ended. And I will definitely reread the series again sometime.
Rating: 5/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: