vrijdag 28 oktober 2011

Best of... Reese Witherspoon

Although I was never really a fan of Reese Witherspoon, I came to love her after seeing "Walk the Line". I like her more now and she did make some great movies through the years.

"Fear"
Her first big role, where she played a young girl who fell in love with Mark Wahlberg. He wasn't as sweet as he appeared. I admit that this isn't the best movie in the world, but very exciting and entertaining.

"Pleasantville"
At first I thought this was just a movie about two kids ending up in the TV world, but it had a far deeper meaning. It's a bit of a fairytale like story. Real good acting and the way it was filmed is just brilliant.

"Cruel Intentions"
A very intriguing story. It seems like another teen flick, but it goes further than that and goes beyond borders. It's about love, betrayal, seduction and deceit. Sarah Michelle Gellar plays the best part.

"Election"
"Election" is a very cynical comedy, just the way I like it. It's a modern day satire, very well performed by both Matthew Broderick and Reese Witherspoon.

"American Psycho"
Probably the best one or her list. Christian Bale is responsible for making this film so fantastic. What I love the most is the ending, that you still don't really know if Patrick Bateman is a psycho or that it's just all in his head. Reese only has a minor role in it.

"Legally Blonde"
I didn't want to put it on this list, because I don't really love it that much. But "Legally Blonde" is just a no nonsense fun movie, a real no-brainer. And Reese is so over the top, she can totally get away with that.

"Sweet Home Alabama"
Just another romcom, I thought. But in this movie the girl doesn't go for the overall perfect and handsome man. No... she chooses the tough guy how does have flaws. Yes, not so cliché after all (maybe a little, because I could predict who she would end up with).

"Walk the Line"
Her best role so far and I don't know if she can ever top that. She played a fantastic role and she had perfect chemistry with Joaquin Phoenix. I love this movie, what a great story.

"Just Like Heaven"
I like this movie mostly because of Mark Ruffalo. He's so sweet, cute and charming in this movie. And he does look good together with Reese Witherspoon.

"Monsters Vs. Aliens"
I didn't think I would like it this much. It was a very funny animation and I especially loved Dr. Cockroach and B.O.B.

"Water for Elephants"
I have to admit that the books was really hard to top, so it was better than the movie. It did come close. I was sceptic about Robert Pattinson playing such a beloved character like Jacob, but he did a good job. Reese Witherspoon and especially Christoph Waltz did an even better job. While reading this book, I actually pictured Waltz as August and he wasn't even casted yet.

I can't wait to see "This Means War" where Tom Hardy and Chris Pine fight over Reese. Sounds awesome, trailer looked fun.

Geen opmerkingen: