vrijdag 14 oktober 2011

Best of... Hugh Jackman

I recently saw "Australia" for the second time and Hugh Jackman made me melt... again. How handsome is he? And looking at his resume, it's not all that bad.

"X-Men"
I saw it in the cinema and I was very impressed by Hugh Jackman, whom I never heard of before this film. Hugh is the perfect Wolverine and it's very weird to see him in a tuxedo being a real gentleman in real life. Wolverine is one of the toughest guys on the planet.

"Someone Like You"
Most people wouldn't put in on their favorites list, but I always liked it. He has good chemistry with Ashley Judd, who I also love very much. It's just a nice feel-good movie.

"X2"
This movie was cool because more mutants entered the story. Wolverine is still my favorite and I love him together with Jean Grey, although she chooses Cyclops aka Scott Summers. In her heart she knows Logan is her guy. God, I make it sound like a lovestory. It's a great action movie!

"Van Helsing"
Also a movie most people wwon't put on the list, but I enjoyed it. Saw it in the theater as well and thought it was pretty good. Especially Kate Beckinsale.

"X-Men: The Last Stand"
Another great movie featuring the X-Men. This is actually the one I remember the least about, but I do remember liking it very much. It was nice to see Beast in this one.

"Scoop"
I love this movie. Good humor and quirky characters. Scarlett Johansson is fantastic as Sondra, the pretty girl daring to look like an ugly duckling. Great in combination with Hugh. And Woody Allen, who isn't my favorite at all, was hilarious in his own weird way. Very amuzing film.

"The Fountain"
This is such an underrated film and so overlooked. It is very unique and I can't compare it to any other movie.

"The Prestige"
Probably my favorite on this list and one of my all-time favorite movies. I think the rivalry between Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman's character is interesting and both performances are great. Love the twist in the end.

"Flushed Away"
I didn't think I would like it, but this was a hilarious animated film. And great British humor, I love that.

"Australia"
Like I said in the beginning, Hugh made me melt. I would totally fall for him in real live. And I love the Australian accent, probably my favorite accent ever. "Australia" is a great movie experience, not only visually because it also has a deeper meaning.

"X-Men Origins: Wolverine"
Not the best X-Men movie, but very entertaining and fun to know more about Wolverine's background.

I haven't seen "Real Steel", don't know if I'm going to see it. I am excited about "Butter" though, which also stars Jennifer Garner, Ty Burrell, Alicia Silverstone and Olivia Wilde.

Geen opmerkingen: