donderdag 29 september 2011

Top 5 Thursday: Movie Trilogies

I thought this was going to be a walk in the park, but it wasn't. I realized a lot of good series aren't trilogies anymore. Like the "Indiana Jones" series or "Die Hard". I managed to make a top 5 and here it is.

5. “Toy Story”
When “Toy Story” came out in 1995, it was highly anticipated because it was the first fully computer animated film ever made. I was sceptic at first, because I loved the hand-drawn animation so much. But after seeing it I forget about it immediatly. “Toy Story” is in fact one of my favorite Disney movies. And all three are great. I can’t pick a favorite of the three. OK, probably the third.


4. “Back to the Future”
Time travel movies are always fun, but no one ever made a better one than Robert Zemeckis did. And with Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd starring as two of cinemas most beloved movie characters. For some reason the second movie has always been my favorite, closely followed by the first.


3. “Bourne”-trilogy
I recently rewatched the complete series and I reminded myself of how good this trilogy is. Matt Damon is so good as Jason Bourne and all films are extremely exciting. The last one is my favorite, than the first and the second installment was my least favorite.


2. “The Godfather”
This series is epic. The first two are equally as good, though I do prefer the first because of Marlon Brando. And I also like the third, but even I see it didn’t fully live up to the standard of the previous two films. But all in all it’s a fabulous trilogy.


1. “Jurassic Park”
Who doesn’t love dinosaurs? And you don’t have to be a nerd because of it. “Jurassic Park” was such an experience for me when I saw it for the first time. I was nine and I was completely blown away by this great film. The second one was also amazing but I missed Sam Neill and I also really liked the third movie which brought Sam back. Just a great series and therefor my favorite.


They almost made the top 5: “Lord of the Rings”, “Spider-Man”, “X-Men” en “Ice Age”

Geen opmerkingen: