zaterdag 3 september 2011

50 Books Challenge 2011 - # 47: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (Millenium # 1)

Title: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millenium # 1)
Author: Stieg Larsson
Story: Mikael Blomkvist, a once-respected financial journalist, watches his professional life rapidly crumble around him. Prospects appear bleak until an unexpected and unsettling offer to resurrect his name is extended by an old-school titan of Swedish industry. The catch is that Blomkvist must first spend a year researching a mysterious disappearance that has remained unsolved for nearly four decades. With few other options, he accepts and enlists the help of investigator Lisbeth Salander, a misunderstood genius with a cache of authority issues.
Start: august 27th 2011
End: september 3rd 2011
Comment: I've been wanting to read this series for quite some time now. A friend of mine is a big fan of the trilogy, so I just had to read it too. When I started reading, it took a while for it to become interesting. The start of the story is filled with a lot of information and that overwhelmed me. But after a slow start, it becomes really interesting and I litteraly couldn't put it down. I just had to keep reading and I loved how the characters of Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander developed. Not only individualy but also the realtionship with each other. Although Lisbeth is a very complicated character, I did sympathize her eventually. I liked Mikael from the beginning, especially in combination with Lisbeth. It wasn't as mindblowing as I expected it to be and it's certainly not one of my favorites, but I did enjoy the first book in the "Millenium" series and I'm definitely going to continue reading the rest of the trilogy.
Rating: 3,5/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: