donderdag 11 augustus 2011

Favorite Movie Geeks

The geek or nerd character in a movie is sometimes the most entertaining one of the film. And I think we all have a bit of nerdyness in us. Me too. I'm a movie geek and a book nerd, but not as stereotypical as in all the film they are portrayed. So I release my innernerd and show you my favorite movie geeks ever.

Augie Farks in "Role Models"
Played by: Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Why is he a geek? He is a teenager obsessed with medieval live action role-playing games.
Geekiest quote: "Would you like to come in and see my turtle?"

Wayne Szalinski in "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids"
Played by: Rick Moranis
Why is he a geek? He's an inventor and created an electromagnetic shrink ray.
Geekiest quote: "When Einstein came up with the atomic bomb, did they ask him to prove that it worked?"

Andy Stitzer in "The 40 Year Old Virgin"
Played by: Steve Carell
Why is he a geek? He collects action figures, plays video games, and his social life seems to consist of watching Survivor with his elderly neighbors
Geekiest quote: "You know what? I respect women! I love women! I respect them so much that I completely stay away from them!"

Garth Algar in "Wayne's World"
Played by: Dana Carvey
Why is he a geek? Together with his friend Wayne he hosts a show, filmed fomr their basement, where they ogle pictures of beautiful celebrity women, play air guitar and drums, and interview local people, indirectly making fun of them over the course of the interview. Garth is obviousley more nerdy than Wayne.
Geekiest quote: "Did you ever see that "Twilight Zone" where the guy signed a contract and they cut out his tongue and put it in a jar and it wouldn't die, it just grew and pulsated and gave birth to baby tongues? Pretty cool, huh?"

Louis Skolnick & Gilbert Lowell in "Revenge of the Nerds"
Played by: Anthony Edwards and Robert Carradine
Why are they geeks? Well, the movies is called "Revenge of the Nerds" and it's kinda obvious.
Geekiest quote: "Hi, Gilbert. I'm a nerd too. I just found that out tonight. We have news for the beautiful people. There's a lot more of us than there are of you. I know there's alumni here tonight. When you went to Adams you might've been called a spazz, or a dork, or a geek. Any of you that have ever felt stepped on, left out, picked on, put down, whether you think you're a nerd or not, why don't you just come down here and join us. Okay? Come on."

Milton Waddans in "Office Space"
Played by: Stephen Root
Why is he a geek? He is a meek, fixated collator who constantly mumbles to himself, most notably about his workmates' borrowing his favorite red Swingline stapler and about his plan or threat to set the workplace on fire.
Geekiest quote: "Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler..."

Hermione Granger in the "Harry Potter" series
Played by: Emma Watson
Why is she a geek? She thinks studying is fun and she is the only one who doesn't like it when exams get cancelled. She takes more classes than she can hndle and she is the best in class.
Geekiest quote: (while putting a large book on the table) "I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading."

Peter Parker in "Spider-Man"
Played by: Tobey Maguire
Why is he a geek? He's a lonely, unpopular, and nerdy high school student.
Geekiest quote: "Yeah. I cried like a baby when you played Cinderella."

Fogell in "Superbad"
Played by: Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Why is he a geek? He calls himself McLovin' while he never had a girlfriend.
Geekiest quote: "Gangstaaaaaaaaaaasss... what's up guys?" (If you see him, you'd know why it's nerdy)

Paulie Bleeker in "Juno"
Played by: Michael Cera
Why is he a geek? He is in this atheltic group and they wear the most ridiculous outfit including ditto headband. And Michael Cera screams nerd, sorry Michael.
Geekiest quote: "My mom uses color safe bleach."

Egon Spengler in "Ghost Busters"
Played by: Harold Ramis
Why is he a geek? Egon Spengler is a master at electronics as well as paranormal detection. As one of the founding members of the Ghostbusters, he contributes his genious to the inventions and gadgets they use
Geekiest quote: "I collect spores, molds, and fungus."

Doc Brown in the "Back to the Future" series
Played by: Christopher Loyd
Why is he a geek? He is the inventor of the first time machine. I don't I need to say more.
Geekiest quote: "Ah! What did I tell you? 88 miles per hour! The temporal displacement occurred exactly 1:20am and zero seconds!" (Did you understand any of that?)

Indiana Jones in the "Indiana Jones" series
Played by: Harrison Ford
Why is he a geek? Well, he's probably the coolest nerd because he is also a action hero. But when he's not on his adventurous trips, he is a professor at a university along with his thick glasses and bow tie.
Geekiest quote: "This site also demonstrates one of the great dangers of archaeology; not to life and limb, although that does sometimes take place. I'm talking about folklore."

Randy Meeks in "Scream"
Played by: Jamie Kennedy
Why is he a geek? He is an avid fan of horror movies. He uses his knowledge of horror film plots and clichés to define the series of murders that occur in Woodsboro.
Geekiest quote: "I cannot believe it. They get Tori Spelling to play Sid, and they cast Joe Blow Nobody to play me. At least you get David Schwimmer. I get the guy who drove the stagecoach for one episode of Dr. Quinn!"

Brian Johnson in "The Breakfast Club"
Played by: Anthony Michael Hall
Why is he a geek? Hall plays a geek in practically every movie, so I'm not going to further explain.
Geekiest quote: "Well, what I had said was I'm in the math club, uh, the Latin, and the physics club... physics club."

Geen opmerkingen: