woensdag 31 augustus 2011

Best of... Quentin Tarantino

Tarantino is probably my favorite director. Mostly because of the way he tells a story. It's always very unique, with catching dialogues and memorable characters. He hasn't directed that many movies, which gives him time to focus 100 % on his project. Here are my favorite Quentin Tarantino movies.

"Reservoir Dogs"
The beginning of a very succesful directing career. What a way to make a debut. "Reservoir Dogs" is the proof of less is more. This movie takes place largely in one location, but it's interesting because of the characters and the fantastic dialogues. I can actually quote this movie.

"Pulp Fiction"
This movie gets better by each viewing. This movie has no message, but people are still dicussing this film to the day. I actually read a topic recently where people where debating about what was in the suitcase. And again, same ingredients as in "Reservoir Dogs", great characters and even better conversations.

"Four Rooms"
Tarantino didn't direct the entire movie, just the segment "The Man from Hollywood". I don't know how well it was received, because not every segment was as good. Frankly this wasn't even my favorite, but my runner up.

"Jackie Brown"
It's my least favorite on the list, but I still think it deserves a spot up here. And I thinnk most people see it that way. It has al the trusting Tarantino elements, it's just not as perfect as "Pulp Fiction" or "Reservoir Dogs". It is more mature though.

"Kill Bill: Vol. 1"
It took him about six years to deliver us a new movie, but it was worth the wait. Damn is this good! I loved it from the first time I saw it and when it ended I just wanted more. I love The Bride.

"Kill Bill: Vol. 2"
I didn't think he could top the first one, but he did. Most people prefer "Kill Bill:Vol. 1", but the second installment has always been my favorite. It all starts with the opening monologue from The Bride, which I can quote from beginning 'till end.

"Inglourious Basterds"
This was the first Tarantino movie I saw on the big screen. This was a bit different from his other work. The story was chronological. And I think we also have to thank Quentin for finding Melanie Laurent and especially Christoph Waltz. Awesome movie, I can rave about it constantly.

I didn't like "Death Proof" especially not the ending. I can't wait to see "Django Unchained" which comes out next year. And I read there's going to be a "Kill Bill: Vol. 3". Don't know what to think about that yet, because Bill was already killed, but still I'm curious what he's going to do with the story.

Geen opmerkingen: