dinsdag 12 juli 2011

Best of... Alan Rickman

I own a lot of DVD's. Of all the actors Tom Hanks is the one I have the most of. For some reason Alan Rickman shares that number one spot. It appears that Mr. Rickman made a lot of good movies and here's a list to proof it.

"Die Hard"
Off course! Alan plays one of the most convincing villains ever. "Die Hard" is such an awesome film and I just love everything about it. Just great action, an iconic hero and a viceous bad guy.

"Quigley Down Under"
I'm not a western fan and this is certainly not one of the best, but it is sort of overlooked. It's a pretty solid, creative effort and very enjoyable.

"Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves"
I was obsessed with this movie when I was in high school. And if I may say, this is also my favorite movie about this hero (hardly anybody would agree with me on this). Alan plays the evil Sherrif of Nottingham, also a great villain.

"Sense and Sensibility"
As a Jane Austen fan this movie just has to be on the list. This is my third favorite story of Austen and I secretly enjoy these costume dramas everytime. A hopeless romantic...

"Galaxy Quest"
This movie has a very inventive story, is extremely clever and hysterically funny. I like this movie a lot and it makes me laugh every single time.

"Harry Potter Series"
All the Harry Potter movies will eventually end up on this list, so I might as well put them up all together. I love the books and I love the films. Sneep is one of the strongest and most memorable characters and when I read the books, Sneep looked exactly the way Alan looks in the movies. With the last movie in theatres now, it's the end of an era.

"Love Actually"
Most people say it's a bit cheesy and not very well acted. Overall this movie gets a lot of critical comments. I love this film. The multiple storylines, the cast, the Christmas feeling, the romance, the drama and the laughs. Just fantastic!

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
He does the voice of the depressed robot Marvin, probably my favorite character from the film together with Arthur. I think the story is just so brilliantly witty and original. The book is better (it's actually part of a six part series and I only read the first, but that's where this film is based on).

"Perfume: The Story of a Murderer"
I found the killer super creepy. Not because he looked scary, because he acted so weird around women. I thought the ending was a bit overdone, weird and awkward. But still, not looking at the end of the film this is a pretty good movie.

"Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber on Fleet Street"
Musicals are my guilty pleasure. This is not just a standard musical, it's a lot darker and morbid. Great roles from Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham-Carter and Alan Rickman.

"Alice in Wonderland"
Such a beautifully made movie, such great visuals. I was never a fan of the story, for some reason it just never appealed to me. But I liked this movie very much. Tim Burton knows how to do it well.

I never saw "Bob Roberts" and I'm a bit ashamed, because it get's a good rating on IMDB.com.

Geen opmerkingen: