zondag 10 juli 2011

50 Books Challenge 2011 - # 36: Yes Man by Danny Wallace

Title: Yes Man
Author: Danny Wallace
Story: Recently single, Danny Wallace was falling into loneliness and isolation. When a stranger on a bus advises, "Say yes more," Wallace vows to say yes to every offer, invitation, challenge, and chance.
Start: july 4th 2011
End: july 10th 2011
Comment: Because I read such a dramatic book, I was really up for something more humorous and a bit inspirational. When I saw Danny Wallace's book "Yes Man" I just had to pick it up. And I'm glad I did, because it's been a while since I laughed so hard while reading a book. Danny Wallace realized that he said 'no' too much. His decision to say yes more often, makes his life a lot more interesting and he developes a more positive perspective on life. Wallace has a fun writing style, very easy to read and he writes down exactly how he would probably say it. I enjoyed reading about his experiences as a yes man and about the weird, awkward and pleasant situations he got himself in to. Danny Wallace is a very likeable man and I would love to read more of his books. I was looking for humour and inspiration and that's what I got. So if that's what you need right now, this book is perfect for the moment. I say yes to five stars!
Rating: 5/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: