woensdag 29 juni 2011

Best of... Steve Carell

Everyone knows how great he was as Michael Scott in "The Office" and the show is not going to be the same without him. But he's not just that funny guy from that TV-show. He's starred in some great films and I'm really looking forward to seeing him in "Crazy, Stupid, Love". Here are my favorite Steve Carell movies.

"Bruce Almighty"
Jim Carrey is the star of this film, but there's that one scene that made me laugh so hard and Steve is in it. Where Evan is trying to do the show and Bruce is doing all sorts of things so Evan screws it all up. Hilarious.

"Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy"
Will Ferrell is one of the funniest men ever, but so is Steve. Especially here as dumbass Brick. His line 'I Love Lamp' is almost legendary. Brick is the stupidest man ever to have set foot on this planet, but I love this guy. Seriously, this man deserves his own movie.

"The 40 Year Old Virgin"
This was his big break. This movie is so loved because of its likeable leading character, Andy Stitzer. How you feel for this guy, after his buddies find out about his big secret. It's such a good comedy with some memorable scenes. Like the waxing scene or his date with Leslie Mann's character, that's just epic!

"Little Miss Sunshine"
What a sad sad man Frank is. He doesn't succeed at anything and again you sympathize with him because of his sucky situation. I raved about this movie many times before, but it's just so good.

"Over the Hedge"
I remember my brother going to the press conference for this movie, and meeting Bruce Willis, who provided the voice of racoon R.J. Steve lend his voice to squirrel Hammie, who has ADD. My favorite scene is when they discover the hedge and Hammie decides to call it Steve.... Really, even when you're in your late twenties you're aloud to laugh out loud.

"Dan in Real Life"
A different kind of comedy for Steve, but I remember enjoying it very much.

"Get Smart"
I thought it wouldn't be that funny, because we've seen so many movies about screw up secret agents or cops. But Steve Carell did it again. It was so entertaining. That scene with 'the element of surprise' or the curtain with all the beads.

"Horton Hears a Who"
How adorable is this!! Horton is so cute and Whoville is such a sweet town. I love childrenstories with a deeper meaning and I love stories by Dr. Seuss.

"Despicable Me"
I saw this movie with my class and I didn't think much of it at first. But it turned out to be really funny and enjoyable. Especially the little yellow guys.

Steve Carell is so likeable as an actor because you sympathize his characters so much (besides Michael Scott off course) and mostly because of all the bad things that happen to him. I haven't seen "Dinner for Schmucks" yet, but I probably will some day. Steve is a great funny man and I'm looking forward to his next film.

Geen opmerkingen: