donderdag 16 juni 2011

50 Books Challenge 2011 - # 33: I Am number Four by Pittacus Lore

Title: I Am Number Four
Author: Pittacus Lore
Story: In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now. The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.
Start: june 7th 2011
End: june 16th 2011
Comment: I'm into Sci-Fi lately and I was really excited to read this book. It's written with a lot of energy and it has some great action sequences that are described very well. While the story itself is very original, the result isn't always as original. Sometimes it felt like it was made up in a short period of time. I expected a little more from that. But it is a very entertaining thriller, with some very likeable characters. Off course John is very sympathetic and so is Sarah, although she sounds a little too good to be true. I liked Sam the most. A loyal friend. I always like those characters in books. Overall I enjoyed it very much and I will probably continue reading the series.
Rating: 3,5/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: