woensdag 25 mei 2011

50 Books Challenge - # 29: The Struggle (Vampire Diaries # 2) by L.J. Smith

Title: The Struggle (Vampire Diaries # 2)
Author: L.J. Smith
Story: Damon is determined to make Elena his queen of darkness, he'd kill his own brother to possess her. Stefan is desperate for the power to destroy Damon, he succumbs to his thirst for human blood. Elena is irresistibly drawn to both brothers, her choice will decide their fate. The terrifying story of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.
Start: may 23rd 2011
End: may 25th 2011
Comment: Just for starters, I liked this one better then the first. Damon was one of then reasons. He had a bigger role in this story, which made this book more interesting and it had more tension and suspense. There was more conflict in this book. I liked Elena a bit more as well, but her friend Bonnie is my favorite female character. She's a real loyal friend. I can't really say much about Meredith, she's very one-dimensional. I still don't like Stefan very much, I can't explain why. I also liked Alaric, although he was only in it for a short part of the story. I'm still not a fan of the genre, but I'm getting in to it. I think I will probably read more of this series, just to see what happens next.
Rating: 3/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: