dinsdag 5 april 2011

Best of... Jim Carrey

Jim Carrey is definitely one of the funniest men ever. He has a great sense of humor and he's also physically really hilarious. He actually makes my mom nervous, but he can actually make my mood better. A Jim Carrey movie is the perfect medicine for when you're having a bad day. Here are my favorites.

"Ace Ventura: Pet Detective"
Not only his funniest movie, also the most funny character he's ever played. Ace is so idiotic, but so cool. Don't you love that scene with the sliding door, where he's trying to proof that nobody could've heard the scream? I'm rolling on the ground (literally). And the scene where he's pretending to be 'crazy', when he's wearing a tutu.

"The Mask"
I think this was the first Jim Carrey movie I ever saw. I always liked this film, especially when the mask starts dancing. Funny movie.

"Dumb and Dumber"
Those guys are so dumb, that you love 'em for it. They are ignorant, naive and clueless all together. His name alone makes you wanna laugh out loud (Lloyd Christmas, come one!)

"The Cable Guy"
Carrey steals the show here. He plays a wacky cable guy, who wants to befriend Matthew Broderick, but he's a little bit obsessive. I think the scene during the medeavel dinner is the funniest.

"Liar, Liar"
The plot doesn't seem all that funny, but you can leave it to Jim Carrey. I don't think I could keep a straight face while working with him. I actually haven't seen this movie in a while, but I rememebr liking it very much. It's hilarious.

"The Truman Show"
Carrey proved here that he can also be serious. And you actually take him seriously. His performance is almost brilliant and I think this is his best movie and role. Even though the theme is a little weird, that doesn't bother you because it's such a believable film.

"How the Grinch Stole Christmas"
Just a fun christmas movie. Nothing special, I just enjoyed it very much. And Jim is good as an evil christmas hater.

"Man on the Moon"
Again he showed a different side of himself. He played comedian Andy Kaufman, but this movie gets dramatic. Also a fantastic performance by Carrey.

"Bruce Almighty"
Jim Carrey gets the chance to play God? It's such a great comedy. And I love him together with Jennifer Aniston.

"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"
If you think you know Jim Carrey, think again. He pulls of a great performance. Many say his best. Great film!

"Lemony Snicket's A series of Unfortunate Events"
I like the story and the absurd idea behind it. Jim Carrey as Count Olaf, amazing. The movie has great sphere and I liked it very much.

"Fun with Dick and Jane"
How great is this one? I was surprised by Tea Leoni's comedic performance. I didn't know she could be so funny. Great combo with Carrey.

"Yes Man"
I couldn't stop laughing when I saw him in his Harry Potter outfit, with the short tie. OMG, even thinking about it makes me wanna scream. This is one of the most recent ones I saw of him.

I've never seen "The Majestic". A lot of people say that this is one of his best movies. I also didn't see "I Love you Philip Morris". Jim Carrey is a man you either love or hate. I'm a sucker for his humor!

Geen opmerkingen: